Sunday 21 February 2016

Non-bake Lactation Cookies

There are many recipes for lactation cookies out there, but sometimes I find that it takes a lot of time to bake a batch. With a baby who needs lots of attention, no fixed sleeping schedule and does not nap longer than 30 minutes each time, this was almost an impossible task. Yet, I found myself needing a milk booster every now and then. Especially after LO turned 9 months, AF happily visited after a long hiatus, and now I expect dips in supply once a month. Since I had already purchased all the ingredients for lactation cookies, I wanted to do something with it. Without baking. After a long search, I finally found some! I modified them, combining with other similar recipes, to become my own. And the final product IS SO GOOD! I can't stop eating them! Slurp!

Ingredients (for ~10 balls):
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tbsp wheatgerm
1 tsp flax seed extract
1 tsp yeast extract
1/2 cup Nutella / Peanut butter / Almond butter / anything similar to hold the cookies together
1 tbsp honey

Method:
Mix all ingredients except wheatgerm. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to harden. Roll into bite sized balls, and coat with wheatgerm. Eat.


Yes, it's that simple! I got everything done in a few minutes. I guess the downside is that it was so tasty, I finished the whole batch also in a few minutes. Geez. Oh well, forgetting the potential fats and diabetes from this sugary treat, my son is happy with the milk supply boost :) Hope you and everyone around will enjoy this treat too! (note: this was inspired by a recipe that was meant also for little toddlers that were fussy eaters. keep this note for when LO gets older and can chew well!)

Original recipes where I got the inspiration can be found here, here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment